This recipe is a variation by a lovely friend who benefitted from some of the fish from the Cod heads we cooked up recently but just use Cod fillet. Again, very simple to do and great with summer salad or seasonal vegetables or try mini versions for a buffet? If you like them with a kick, add plenty of fresh red chilli.
Makes 4 fish cakes, or 12 mini
- 400g poached Cod fillet
- 200g mashed potato
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- Bunch of coriander, chopped
- Zest and juice of a lime
- 1 egg, beaten
- Flour for dusting
1. In a large bowl mix together the Cod, potato, spring onion, ginger, coriander, lime zest and juice.
2. Shape into 4 fish cakes or smaller ones if you like and leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Dip each fish cake in the beaten egg then roll in flour. Fry until golden in colour.